There are no translations available.
South African citizens and permanent residents, 16 years and older, must be in possession of an identity document.
- Completed form BI-529E (www.home-affairs.gov.za/forms/citizenship/bi-529.pdf)
- Completed Fingerprint form BI-9 *
- Fee of € 2.00 (First application if free) to be deposited into the Embassies bank account (click here)
- Three (3) recent photographs with the applicants name written on the reverse side
- Copy of applicant's old ID document
- Copy of Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree or Spouse's Death Certificate, if applicable
- Written request to change "Surname". To be submitted by recently married female applicants who would like to:
to change to their married surnames, or
wish to use double–barrel surnames;
Passport and Id Photo Specifications
* Note: Form BI-9 can not be downloaded and must be obtained from the Embassy